- ADULT PROTECTIVE SERVICES - Designed
to protect frail and vulnerable people age 18 and older who are risk
of abuse, neglect, or exploitation.
- ADULT VACCINATIONS - In addition to seasonal flu shots, the Division of Public Health provides the following vaccinations for adults 50 years and older
at no charge for residents without insurance and those whose insurance does not cover these vaccines.
- BOARDING HOME AND HEALTH CARE FACILITY RESIDENT SERVICES (Board
and Care Unit) Placement, social and protective services for residents in boarding
homes and licensed health care facilities.
- CAREGIVER-NJ is
a NJ Deptartment of Health and Senior Services guide to available resources for adults
and their families living in New Jersey.
- GLOBAL OPTIONS (GO) FOR LONG-TERM CARE
is a program that provides in-home services to seniors and individuals with disabilities at risk of nursing home placement. Call 1-888-426-9243
- COMMUNITY MEDIATION SERVICES - Mediation
is a process in which two or more disputing parties discuss their viewpoints
face-to-face in the presence of a mediator to resolve conflicts peacefully and
- DENTAL SERVICES -
The John Cronin Dental Center offers general dentistry to low income families
and senior citizens over the age of 60, having no dental insurance and based
on a sliding scale payment fee. Appointments are necessary and proof of income
is required. Medicaid is accepted. Open to Atlantic County residents only. Hours
of operation are Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. For appointments and information,
phone (609) 645-5814.
- FIX-IT - The Fix-It Program is available to any senior citizen
60 or older, whose safety is at risk due to the need of handrails and minor home
repairs, enabling them to remain living at home. Call 1-888-426-9243
- FLU SHOTS
CARE SERVICES - The Office of Home Care provides case management and outreach
services to eligible individuals seeking to remain in the community rather than
live in a long-term care facility through the use of specific home and community
based services and informal supports. 1-888-426-9243
- IN HOME ASSISTANCE - See Caregiver Assistance Program
- INTERGENERATIONAL SERVICES -
addresses the needs of youth, families, disabled and senior citizens.
- MAINTAINING NURSING HOME ELIGIBLE INDIVIDUALS IN THE COMMUNITY (Model
Case management services. All Medicaid services are offered, including private
duty nursing services, when appropriate. Call 1-888-426-9243
- NJHELPS - a free, easy and private way
for you to prescreen for 8 programs that are available to help you and your family.
- NURSING HOME SERVICES - Meadowview Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
PROJECT FOR THE ELDERY - The Nutrition Project for the Elderly offers two
components: Senior Centers and Home Delivered Meals.
- SENIOR CITIZEN
SERVICES - addresses the
needs of senior citizens.
- SENIOR HEALTH - National Institute
of Health site featuring Health resources for Older Adults.
- TRANSPORTATION -
This service provides transportation to senior citizens, the disabled and rural
residents of Atlantic County
- VETERANS CEMETERY - The Atlantic County
Veteran's cemetery was officially dedicated in May of 1985 and serves as a final
resting place for eligible veterans of the United States Armed Forces and their
- VETERANS SERVICES - Contact the
County's Veteran's Services Officer or review veterans-related services from
the Information Atlantic index of community resources.