Welcome to the Atlantic County Division of Public Health
We envision a community where every person enjoys a healthy lifestyle in
a healthy environment. We are making that vision a reality by offering
comprehensive health services to enhance your work, your family, your
neighborhood and your life. Take a look at our programs and services.
And remember that we are here for you with information, advice and the
ability to help you enjoy better living – healthy living in Atlantic
Changing with the Seasons
Seasonal Health Tips
Swimming and boating are great recreational activities, but they can also be dangerous, especially for children. Take steps to stay safe in and around the water.
Click here to learn more.
- Avoid alcohol when swimming or boating
- Wear a life jacket whenever you're in a boat
- Learn to swim and teach your children to swim
- Don't swim alone, or in bad weather
- Obey lifeguards and swim on guarded beaches
- Supervise your children when they are in the water
- Be aware of water conditions, including rip currents and undertows
- Prevent sunburns - use plenty of sunscreen
Press play to hear a Public Service Announcement from the Atlantic County Division of Public Health.
7/11/2015 Skin Safety Education & Screenings
8/8/2015 Skin Safety Education & Screenings