|Atlantic County Government
DEPARTMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES
Division of Human Resources
1. I'VE COMPLETED AN EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION.
CAN I HAND-DELIVER THE APPLICATION?
2. HOW LONG WILL MY APPLICATION BE KEPT ON FILE?Atlantic County Government - Division of Human Resources
Six months from the date the completed application is completed.
3. HOW OFTEN ARE NEW JOBS POSTED?
New jobs are posted as they become available. Please check back for the new positions.
4. WILL I AUTOMATICALLY BE CONSIDERED FOR EVERY NEW OPENING FOR WHICH I QUALIFY?
Human Resources staff attempts to review filed applications based on areas of interest. However, the applicant should check the job postings on this web site, the board in the County Office Building, or call our office (609-343-2211) to request to be considered for a particular posted position.
5. DO I NEED A SEPARATE APPLICATION FOR EACH POSITION?
Your application may be referred for other positions for 6 months. Your application will be kept on file for 6 months. Once this time has expired, you will be required to complete another application. If the information has been purged, you will need to provide us with the requested original information again.
6. WHAT HAPPENS AFTER I COMPLETE THE APPLICATION?
A Human Resources representative will review all applications for current vacancies and refer the applications to the appropriate department(s). If the department is interested in interviewing you for that position, the County will contact you directly to make further arrangements.
7. IF I AM INTERVIEWED BY THE COUNTY, HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO GET A DECISION?
It may take from one to four weeks.
8. WILL I BE CONTACTED IF MY APPLICATION IS NOT REFERRED OR IF I AM NOT SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW?
Not necessarily, however the application will stay on file.